This course is primarily aimed at personnel who program other vendors PLCs and are looking to migrate their skills onto the S7 CPU. It is also particularly suitable for service staff, with a firm foundation of existing PLC skills and practical experience, whose role requires them to carry out programming related tasks. In addition, the course helps those who want a greater appreciation in program design, editing and configuration changes in an Integrated Automation environment including remote I/O, HMI and drives equipment over a Profibus network. Note: For service staff who want to attend this course please contact the SITRAIN UK Training Office before making a booking so that your existing skills and prior knowledge can be assessed. This course option is not suitable for service staff who are not PLC capable. They should start with the ST-SERV1 course.
- Introduction to the S7 family of controllers and concepts of TIA
- Project creation and operation using Simatic Manager
- Hardware configuration of S7 300/400 systems
- Application and use of the Symbol Editor
- Programming using the LAD/STL/FBD Editor
- Binary operations – N/O, N/C, Set, Reset, edge detection
- Digital operations – Accumulators, timers, counters, comparators
- Tools for troubleshooting and debugging
- Introduction to Profibus DP
- Configuration and application example using ET200S remote I/O
- Configuration and application example using an HMI Touch Panel
- Configuration and application example using Micromaster MM420
- Storing process Data in Data blocks
- The role of functions and function blocks
- Configuration and application of organisation blocks
- Analogue value processing
- Documentation facilities including archive & retrieve options
- Each of the above topic areas are backed up by practical exercises using a conveyor model and simulator. Working examples are provided and tested out during the course.
- On completion of this course the participant will be able to:- Write programs and diagnose errors using S7 software package on S7-300/400 PLC’s
- This course is primarily aimed at personnel who program other vendors PLCs and are looking to migrate their skills onto the S7 CPU. It is also particularly suitable for service staff, with a firm foundation of existing PLC skills and practical experience, whose role requires them to carry out programming related tasks.
Participant Pre requirements
- The ability to use a MS Windows PC (2000/XP), keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help.
- A prior knowledge and practical experience of PLCs is essential.
- Completion of this course satisfies part of the examination entry requirements for the Siemens Certified S7 Programmer.
- This training course is not appropriate for trainees using S7-200, S7-1200 or S7-1500 based systems. For more information concerning details of S7-200, S7-1200 or S7-1500 training contact Siemens Industry Training on 0161 446 6111 or our website at www.siemens.co.uk/sitrain.