DURATION – 2 MONTHS CLASS ROOM
This course focuses on the concepts and characteristics associated with industrial processes, process variables and Basic process control. Participant will have hand-on experience with a control system as well as process and controller simulators. The participants will be equipped with a knowledge of selection, installation and commissioning of industrial instrumentation, knowledge of a Process , instrumentation systems for the purpose of observation, monitoring or control as applicable in many industries. The class training will be complemented by class workshops, discussion on industry best practices and ISA videos on Instrumentation, Process and Control.. In many respects a clear understanding and application of these principles is the most important factor in an efficient process control system. This would involve the design, specification and implementation of control and measurement equipment. The course focuses on real applications, with attention to special installation considerations and application limitations when selecting or installing different measurement or control equipment.
- Introduction to instrumentation
- Basic measuring concepts.
- Measuring practices.
- Measuring Instruments Selection criteria.
- Different types of Instrument.
- Direct and Indirect Measurement.
- Calibration – Need, Methods, standards
- Sensors Transducers and Transmitters
- Units and Scales.
- Classifications of sensors.
- Different types of sensors
- Temperature Measurement.
- Transducer and Transmitter wiring.
- IR Pyrometers.
- Calibration Philosophy, Traceability of Temperature Standards.
- Selection & Applications of Temperature measuring Instruments.
- Calibration of Temperature Sensors – RTD, Thermocouples.
- Temperature Calibrators.
- Pressure / Load measurement.
- Theory of pressure measurement.
- Sensors and Transmitters.
- Load Cells and their working principle.
- Erection and Commissioning Guidelines.
- Calibration practices.
- Maintenance & Trouble shooting
- Level Measurement.
- Need for Level Measurement.
- Working Principle of different Level Measuring Devices.
- Mounting and Calibration practice
- Flow Measurement
- Need for Flow Measurement.
- Concept of fluids, Laminar Flow, Turbulent Flow etc.
- Different types of Flow measurement
- Principle of Different types of Flow Measuring devices.
- Overview of Various Flow meters & Flow Measurements.
- Calibration of Turbine Flow Meter.
- Calibration of Magnetic Flow Meter, Calibration of ROTA Meters.
- Process Drawings
- Block Diagrams.
- Process Flow Diagrams.
- P&ID symbols, how to read etc.
- Instruments Maintenance.
- Thermistor, RTD and Thermocouple mounting and trouble shooting.
- Bellow, Diaphragm mounting and trouble shooting.
- Level Capacitor mounting and trouble shooting.
- Electromagnetic, Turbine etc flow transmitters mounting and trouble shooting.