The course uses a ‘hands-on’ practical approach to reinforce the theoretical aspects of the training. Practical tasks are undertaken using a simulation rig, distributed profibus nodes and S7-300. This course is for SIMATIC S7-300-400 PLC users with basic SIMATIC control system knowledge who install or maintain automation systems and their application programs. This course continues skill development in troubleshooting and modifying a control system. Participants will use STEP7 software tools to build new features, diagnostics and communications into the application project. Program development using organization blocks, system functions, function blocks and data blocks along with analogue signal processing are included. Configuration and integration of an HMI and drive system into the student’s application project builds experience managing a complete automated control system. The course format consists of instruction and hands-on exercises. Students will use test, debug and diagnostic tools to complete the commissioning, programming and system integration exercises.
- Hardware and Software Commissioning – review
- Data Storage in Blocks
- Functions and function blocks
- Organization Blocks
- Analogue processing and programming
- System information
- MPI Network Commissioning
- Tags and HMI Messages
- Drive to PLC Configuration
- Each of the above topic areas are backed up by practical exercises using a conveyor model and simulator. Working examples are provided and tested out during the course.
On completion of this course the participant will be able to:-
- Be familiar with ways you can use different block types (FC, FB, OB, and DB).
- Become familiar with the principles of analogue value processing
- Eliminate software errors that lead to a CPU stop.
- Eliminate logical software errors, such as multiple assignments.
- Save and document program changes that have been made.
- Use the data block access functions.
- Access and use the processed analog values.
- This course is aimed at service/maintenance personnel who are interested in solving a variety of SIMATIC S7 tasks, and have attended the S7SERV1 course.
Participant Pre requirements
- The ability to use a MS Windows PC, keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help.
- Must have attended the Siemens ST-SERV1 Course.
- Completion of this course satisfies part of the examination entry requirements for the Siemens Certified Service Technician Levels 1 and 2.
- This training course is not appropriate for trainees using S7-200, S7-1200 or S7-1500 based systems. For more information concerning details of S7-200, S7-1200 or S7-1500 training contact Siemens Industry Training on 0161 446 6111 or our website at www.siemens.co.uk/sitrain.