GENERAL POWER ENGINEERING COURSES
The participants will obtain extensive basic knowledge of power systems. They will learn to understand the engineering and application of the components of a power system, like transformer, busbar, line and cable as well as associated power system tasks as protective relaying
Employees in power generation, transmission and industrial operations, and technically interested people who want to get a basic understanding of power system behavior.
Basics of Electrical Engineering.
- Components of a typical generation,
- Transmission and distribution system
- Power generation methods, comparison and efficiencies
- World energy demands and their growth, distribution among different primary energy sources
- Power system planning and design considerations
- Fundamental concepts in power systems
- DC Transients, time constants, single and three phase AC-systems,
- Power definitions, harmonics
- Short circuit calculations using symmetrical components