GENERAL POWER ENGINEERING COURSES
The participants will receive general information about technical economical solutions of power transmission and distribution in industry and other supply utilities.
Siemens employees as well as other employees from utilities and industry with their main field of work in planning and operation of power systems.
Basics of Electrical Engineering.
- Power system configuration and extension planning of high-voltage, medium-voltage and low-voltage power systems, substation and component design
- Neutral grounding, project planning of earthing systems, interference of power supply installations
- Power system analysis and calculations (load flow and short circuit)
- Instrument transformer dimensioning, design and coordination of protection systems
- Operating and dynamic behavior of industrial systems with numerous use of machinery
- Switching operations, overvoltage protection and isolation coordination
- Harmonics and filter circuits, system perturbations
- Behavior of HVDC converter stations, static var compensators and controlled series compensation
- Accompanying practical instructions in questions of power system calculation, current transformer dimensioning and protection coordination.